Friday, April 17, 2009

reality vs. virtual reality

I don't really care for Spongebob Squarepants. Probably because I don't feel my kids are old enough to watch it. Not that there's particularly anything wrong with the show. I just would rather my kids watch something more intellectual at this point. I mean, they are only 2 (almost 3) and 1. I prefer Playhouse Disney and morning shows on Nickelodeon.

But, when Jack threw a huge tantrum this evening about getting a bath before dinner (due to the filth he acquired outside) I let him watch Spongebob. The only reason it was even on is because I put Annie in the pack n' play so that I could bathe Jack and Ben decided to put some cartoons on her. I guess he felt Spongebob was ok since it was the only cartoon on.

That is when I saw it. Check out this commercial:




Oh...my....goodness.

I can't grow anything! I wonder if I can grow things virtually instead? Would my "real" black thumb transfer to the world of virtual reality?

The things in my brain amaze me sometimes.

No comments: