Lots of stuff have been going on around here. Ben's job is going to be wrapping up soon....so, where are we going?
NASHVILLE!
Yep, moving back to the south. We found out around Christmas time that this is where we'll be settling next. I'm very excited to be closer to family!
We have already bought a house, which is currently sitting empty and waiting for us to get there and make it our home. I am very excited about this house. The layout is great for us, it has plenty of room for us to move around and not outgrow too quickly, and it's zoned for the best school system in the state.
Would you believe we put an offer on it without me even seeing it? Shocking, I know.
Bear with me, cause I think it's a miracle of a story:
Ben had to travel to Nashville on business in February. I decided that since all 4 of us had flown twice within a month that we were going to break up the trip. Ben was going to Nashville for work and stay the weekend to house hunt. I was to fly to Nashville (sans kids) the next weekend to look at houses. I knew it would be hard to agree upon a house without us looking at them together, but I really felt that the kids needed to stay home this time and we would take turns traveling/watching kids. (Plus, I got a kid-free weekend with my Mom and sister.)
On the morning Ben was going to look at houses I got an e-mail showcasing the houses that had just been listed. I saw a house with a gorgeous fireplace flanked with cabinets and shelving that I just fell in love with. I immediately called Ben and said, "You have to go look at this house today." He called our realtor, who happened to be leaving his office to meet Ben, and he went back in to call and arrange a showing.
This house was the last house Ben looked at and he knew I would love it. After taking some time to think it over, we decided to make an offer without me ever seeing the house.
I did, however, see the house the next weekend and was very happy!
I still love Hershey and will miss it, but I've had a hard time lately. I feel like I'm living out of a glorified suitcase. This house just is hard to live in and keep clean and organized. I can't wait to "start over" and organize our new house.
I am, however, really going to miss this weather!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment