Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pun'kin pick'in


We went to a local "farmers market" to buy some pumpkins this past weekend. (I use the term loosely because it's really a glorified vegetable stand on the corner.) The kids dressed appropriately in their pumpkin attire and we set off to take pictures of the autumn event.





We had a great time checking out all of the different kinds of pumpkins available: white pumpkins, wart pumpkins, green pumpkins, orange and green speckled pumpkins, gourds, squash, etc., etc. They also sold corn stalks, hay bales and mums, among other things. I was tempted to snatch up one of everything. Fall is my absolute favorite! But, Ben kept me on a tight leash. I, in turn, called him the "Halloween Scrooge".











The kids had fun walking around and taking in the sights. Jack seemed to hug everything he saw. I have no idea why.



We left with 3 pumpkins, a hay bale, and lots of small decorative pumpkins/squash. The mums were a little expensive. But, I totally scored today when I went to Lowe's and got 8 mums at 50% off! What woman doesn't love a good deal and brag about it?






1 comment:

Jenn said...

So sweet! I love the Fall clothes. And I love your haircut!