Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick-or-treat!

Let me preface this post with saying that there are WAY too many pictures. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Anna Scott loved her Halloween costume.

In theory, Jack did, too. That was before he had to put it on. He was excited to be Mickey Mouse and actually picked it out himself (after I had mentioned it the previous day and he turned it down.)

The night started out rough. Jack played in his room for hours instead of taking a nap. He fell asleep late (in the middle of his floor) so I had to wake him up at 5:30pm to start getting ready to trick-or-treat. I hate waking up kids. He was not very cooperative. Even bribing didn't work. So....Anna Scott and I left the boys at home to get started on our Halloween festivities. That really kicked Jack in gear and he decided to wear his costume.

Before trick-or-treating we headed over to our landlords so they could see the kids. They're way too good to our kids and had tricks AND treats ready for them.

The candy really perked up Jack and he was ready for the night to begin.


Anna Scott was upset that we didn't want her to tote the whole bag of jelly beans. I could just imagine the whole bag ending up all over the floor.
We won that battle.



In case you can't tell, the costumes were made by myself. Anna Scott's costume was inspired by this cute and expensive ensemble. The ears came from our local Disney Store Outlet and were under $5 a piece. My Mom helped me make the tutu (thanks, Mom) and I stitched felt polka-dots my hand. It was time consuming, but I did it this way so I could clip the polka-dots off to give Anna a plain red tutu.

We finally got started and did our trick-or-treating down a street that Ben and I have always loved driving down. It's not Elm Street, but Elm Avenue (close enough, right?). It wasn't as scary as the movies, thank goodness.




Our chauffeur:


If you look closely at my pants you'll see that I dressed as dog poop for Halloween. I have NO idea how it happened, but I ended up with poop on my pants at the beginning of our adventure. I felt gross and stinky the whole night.





The night went well and fun was had my all. We made great memories of our only Halloween in Hershey.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Three things:

1. The costumes are so,so cute! They look adorable and I love the Minnie/Mickey duo.

2. Ben - nice facial hair, looks great! Have I ever seen you with a beard??

3.Megan - You know you're a mom when... I can't count the number of times I've noticed some sort of disgusting something on my clothing, yet continued on with the activity at hand. Sometimes, going home to change is just not worth it.