Church was good this morning. I didn't get to hear the whole sermon and am sad I missed most of it. It started off great though! It was about one of my biggest struggles....patience. They began by showing a video interview of a church member who has been through many struggles the past few years: losing her mom, taking in and caring for her grandparents, husband had brain tumors, daughter has severe epilispy, her own battle with a grave illness and, on top of all that, her husband then left her. She talked about how patient she has to be because she doesn't know why all this is happening. Wow....and we think we have struggles.
They also showed a video about the father son team, Dick and Rick Hoyt. If you haven't seen a clip of any videos, I highly recommend searching for one on YouTube. This father races, even does triathalons, with his disabled son. It is a tear-jerker, but what a picture of fatherly love.
On a lighter note, Anna Scott looked too cute in her dress this morning (thanks Marge!) Here are some pictures of the first dress I have ever smocked.
It's a white batiste bishop dress with the Peanut Butter-n-Jelly "Emilie Ann" smocking plate. It turned out well and looks so cute on her, if I do say so myself :) Kudos to Margaret who helped me with everything (she pretty much made the dress)!
No comments:
Post a Comment