Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Monograms and appliques

Wow...my last post was November 15th? It's been a while. No good excuses...mainly I haven't taken many pictures lately and don't like to post without any pics. I'm such a bad Mom. My Mom told us girls (my sisters and I) that when we had kids that it was OUR turn to take the pictures. My Mom was so good about taking pictures of us. You should see my senior album.


OK, so I'm really posting about projects today. I took a bunch of things to my friend Lauren to have monogrammed or appliqued and she did a great job! First is Anna Scott's "casual" Christmas outfit. You guys have already seen the pants, but here's the whole ensemble:





Too cute, huh? I need to take a picture of her with her hat on and post it. My sister said she looks like she belongs in Santa's workshop.
Next is an outfit that transpired while going through my scrap fabric. I found some black and white gingham and figured I had a enough to crank out a pair of Lettie pants. Lauren suggested the purse applique and I think it looks great:
I also had her monogram Jack's Christmas outfit, which is a Johnny made of green twill and lined with green gingham. Anna Scott's is a short-sleeve bishop in green gingham smocked in the "Karen" smocking plate. I have to add some buttons and buttons holes to Jack's, but their matching outfits are pretty much done. I hope to finish tonight.



Like the shot of my foot? I thought I had picked the photo that did NOT include my toes and don't feel like changing it now. Just keeping it real.










1 comment:

margaret said...

very cute!!! i LOVE the purse outfit. i didn't know you were doing that!

at least your toes are cute. you don't ever want mine getting caught in a photo.... ;)