I have tried to make it a tradition since Ben and I were married to get our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. I'm definitely not the type to put up an artificial tree. Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without that Christmas tree smell in my living room. I'm sure the fact that my parents always put up a real tree (or two) has something to do with my preference to buy a live tree every year. Actually, my Mom also put up artificial trees. I can't remember the last time she did, but she used to put a small tree upstairs and decorate it with gingerbread men that she made from felt early in her marriage. I wonder where those gingerbread men are?
I digress.
Our hunt for the perfect tree is not easy. I find something wrong with every tree. It takes me so much time that I finally give up and pick whichever one is closest to me. Jack had so much fun running through all the trees saying, "I want this one" to every tree he saw.
We don't allot a large amount of money for a tree, but I think I'm going to have to save up and upgrade next year. It feels so tiny in my living room. I know it's all we need, but I would love to have a taller/bigger tree. It has lights on it already, which makes me happy, but it hasn't been decorated any further. I'm not looking forward to keeping Annie away from the ornaments.
(On a side note: Last year I replaced all of our Christmas ornament hooks with pre-tied ribbons from Target. It was a couple dollars for 50 ribbons and I think they came in gold, silver, and red (I bought silver). Just a nice idea for anyone who doesn't want their child (or pet) to gouge themselves or choke on an ornament hook.)
No comments:
Post a Comment