Thursday, December 4, 2008

It's our first...

...ear infection. Ever. And Anna Scott is the winner. Jack has never had an ear infection and, therefore, has never been prescribed antibiotics. I guess that's a pretty good record, huh? 2 1/2 years as a parent and this is the first time I am having to administer antibiotics!

The kids and I got the cold/congestion bug almost FOUR weeks ago. I never took them to the pediatrician because they really can't do anything for colds. I just used the humidifier when she was stuffy and called it a day. Well, Anna Scott hasn't been able to shake off the congestion. I was worried it was turning into something else because of the rattling I could hear at times when she breathed. The doc said her lungs sound fine, but her ears (what he could see of them) looked like they were just beginning to become infected. Most doctors these days are not quick to prescribe antibiotics because (1) they believe people are overloaded on antibiotics, causing them to lose their effectiveness and (2) most people can battle ear infections on their own in a short amount of time. In Annie's case, he wanted to prescribe antibiotics since she's been icky for several weeks. Plus, Christmas is coming up and he wants her to feel well :) So sweet.

We're going to Florida tomorrow for a short visit. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Go Gators/Roll Tide....I'm confused.

No comments: