Today the kids and I tried to finish up some last minute things before Christmas. We ran to Old Navy to check out their huge sale....so worth it. I bought 2 sweaters, 1 shirt, 1 pair of corduroys, and 4 $3 fleece blankets. (I plan on putting names/monograms on the blankets as gifts sometime down the road.) Seriously....all of the items of clothing were about $10 (I think the pants were ~$12.) Oh yeah, I forgot I bought a pair of ballet flats for $10. I guess this is kind of an early Christmas present to me :)
I then proceeded to search for green quilted fabric to match our Christmas stockings so I could finish up Anna Scott's. No luck. I guess I'll have to deal with what I have and worry about matching the stockings for next Christmas. It never fails....I always wait till too close to Christmas to try to assemble our stockings. (I made the 3 of ours 2 years ago and barely made the deadline.)
In between 2 fabric stores I was rear-ended by another SUV. Right in front of the Galleria. The kids and I are OK, but I was shaken up. The woman totally admitted to the police that she wasn't looking and was changing the radio station. I was completely stopped at a red light and wasn't looking in my mirrors, so I didn't see it coming. My head kind of hurts. I'm sure it's from the jarring of the car. Nothing too serious, I suspect. Just a small headache. I was able to keep it in perspective and be cheery throughout the whole ordeal. Nothing I could have done and we were all OK. The lady kept saying how sorry she was. I was just happy the kids seemed fine.
Of course, I went on my merry way to finish up my errands :) I couldn't let a fender bender get in the way of accomplishing my to-do list today.
Be careful out there. There's lots of extra traffic with all of the last minute shoppers. I'm guilty of not always paying attention to the road. I got a friendly reminder today to change my ways.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment