I never mentioned what my Christmas present was, so I thought I'd show you some of my latest projects:
Yep! I got an embroidery machine. A wonderful present from my Mom (and my husband). It's already being put to good use. I'm making Anna Scott's stocking (and tweaking the rest) and am making a tag blanket (similar to others I've made) for a baby in Ben's family. It's so nice to not have to pay anybody to put a name on a blanket since I make them so often. I can get it all done at home! I'm still playing with making outfits for Anna Scott....which leads me to a funny story.
I was meandering online through some embroidery websites where you can purchase and download fonts, pictures, appliques, etc. Well, I noticed one font that said "Click here to download a sample". What sample would they give you of a font? Why, "A", of course! So, I decided to put this polka-dotted "A" on a shirt that Annie is about to outgrow. Afterwards, I thought it wasn't quite right, so I added her name on top of it to jazz it up. Still, not quite right, but I went with it. I thought it was cute enough for my first shirt and slapped that thing on her and we went out.
Well, after talking to an "embroidery friend" of mine, she informed me that it sounded like it was supposed to be an applique, not just an embroidery font. Oops. She's totally right. That's what happens when I'm anxious to embroider something for my daughter to wear.
I may try it again. This time, as an applique.
No comments:
Post a Comment