Monday, December 29, 2008

Beef (chicken?). It's whats for dinner.

I got an awesome chicken enchilada recipe from my friend Margaret's blog. It's really easy to put together and can even be frozen and baked later. (FYI- I also add onion when sauteing the chicken. It just adds that special yummy-ness. Like Marge, I, too, prefer the green enchilada sauce.)

I asked Margaret if she had ever tried making BEEF enchiladas with the same recipe. She said she had not and told me to tell her how it went.

I e-mailed her later that night and told her the beef enchiladas ROCKED.

I'm a little sceptical when it comes to ground beef. I hate touching it raw. I prefer ordering chicken, especially when ordering mexican food. I only use 2 recipes that contain ground beef, yet we buy it in bulk.

I guess I've just never felt comfortable with ground beef. So, I was quite shocked when these words escaped my mouth last night: "I think I like the beef enchiladas better than the chicken."

Huh?

I guess I have 3 beef recipes now. If anybody would like to contribute to my list of ground beef recipes, it would be greatly appreciated.

We are having leftover beef enchiladas tonight and I've been thinking about them all day.

No comments: