The next morning they will arrive to load up all of our belongings on to a truck and will start the drive to "The Sweetest Place on Earth".
Our dilemma at the moment is whether or not to leave when the movers leave (sometime around lunch time) and drive half-way the first day, spend the night somewhere, then finish up the drive the next day. OR...wait and leave at bedtime Tuesday night and drive all night to our new home. My only hesitation about the latter is trusting Ben to stay up all night driving. (No offense, Ben.) I don't like driving at night
Have I mentioned anything about the house we're renting? I wish I had some pictures, but we'll be there soon enough and I'll show you guys. We are renting an older home on, get this, 5 acres. Ben is in heaven already. It's set on a hillside overlooking the town of Hershey. The lot is partially wooded and home to many visible deer and rabbits. Our landlord already made it known to Ben that there is absolutely NO hunting allowed, much to his chagrin. (Don't worry. He's already had plenty of offers from clients to go hunting on some other properties.) We are close to Ben's jobsite, which is really exciting to us.
The house itself has plenty of room for us, as well as for the many visitors we are anticipating. The house has it's quirks and it's ups and downs, but I'm sure we'll get used to it. I think I can handle the avocado green appliances for a year...and the teeny, tiny bedrooms my kids will have...and having to sleep in a huge office (not bedroom) just so we can be on the same floor as the kids...and having to figure out a way to safeguard our kids from falling down TWO different staircases. My main priority as soon as we get there is getting those staircases blocked off somehow. The way the top stair is made makes it hard to find an installable baby gate. Ben and his superintendent are working on it...
This house will be an adventure. I'm sure I will love it sometimes and hate it others. I do, however, look forward to making it feel like home for the year that we'll be there and making lots of good memories.
1 comment:
megan - could you please refrain from any more blogging about your upcoming move? i am planning to continue living in denial until the actual day arrives. so just let me keep living in my fantasy world a bit longer....please. ;)
Post a Comment