Friday, June 19, 2009

My kids are a little crabby these days

No, I'm not talking about their attitudes. (Although most days "crabby" would definitely describe their demeanor.)

I decided to make matching summer outfits for the kids. You remember the last ones I did? Well, let's just say Jack wasn't a fan of what I made him and fought and cried every time I put it on him. I'm think it was because they were overalls. It slightly hurt my feelings that he didn't like what I made him.

I'm over it, so I decided to try a shirt and some shorts.

He actually likes this one :) I waited until Hobby Lobby had their patterns on sale for $1.99 and picked up a McCall's pattern to make the shorts from. (Don't you love the dated pictures on the pattern?) I used a blue and white striped seersucker with crabs fabric that I had been eyeing since last summer. I did not follow the directions that came with the McCall pattern, but instead used the directions and techniques from the Lettie pattern. As you can see, I also appliqued a crab on a shirt and added his name. It was fun because I haven't really used my embroidery machine to make anything for Jack. I may make him another shirt in the near future.

Anna Scott's outfit is made with the same crab fabric, but with the Frannie Baby pattern. I used this pattern last year when making her an Auburn outfit.


Awww....their matching outfits inspire sibling love.

Not for long, I'm sure.

No comments: