Monday, July 6, 2009

Our new neighbors

Hello baby birdie. I love hearing you and your brothers and sisters chirping all day long. They're saying, "Feed me! Feed me!" to their mommy. She is constantly bringing food to her babies and flying back out for more. I empathize.
Oh, deer. You greeted us upon our arrival. But where have you gone? Have all of the mulberries been eaten? We miss seeing you a half-dozen times a day under the mulberry tree. Seeing you only every other day is far too little.

Come on, Buck. Lead the others back to our yard. You're the biggest one out there (that we've seen). Aren't you like the Prince in Bambi? Use your royal blood to lead the others back.

And you, baby bunny. You are the cutest thing. We see you morning, noon and night. Is that other bigger bunny your Mommy? If so, you guys need to kiss and make up because I never see you guys near each other. Blood is thicker than water, you know.


No comments: