Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Easy-peasy pork tacos

I have a crock-pot recipe book that I love. You know why I love it?

It's a board book!

Not only do I love it for this reason, but it also gives me recipes like this:

Pork Tacos

2 lbs. boneless pork roast
1 cup salsa
1 small can chopped green chilies
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper

Throw all of this into a crock-pot and cook on low for 8 hours. Shred pork and serve.
Serving Suggestions: Serve with tortillas and your favorite condiments.

Let me add a few things. First, we placed the pork back into the crock-pot after being shredded and mixed it up with the juices (salsa, chilies, etc.). I then made a soft taco/burrito (or two) with tortillas and freshly chopped lettuce, fresh tomato, cheese, and diced onions. It was so refreshing and yummy.

I'm always looking for a good pork recipe because, frankly, I only have but a couple. I definitely recommend this one! It has a great, but mild, flavor. And it's super easy. You can't beat that!

No comments: