It's an orange microcheck bishop smocked in the Beverly Andrews "Baby Pie" smocking plate. I used a chocolate brown and sage green as the primary colors with accents of bright orange. I love the fabric, especially since it was only $5 a yard. It also doesn't require ironing....which is right up my alley. (I hate ironing and am no good at it.)
I'm getting better at putting the bishop dresses together, even though it still takes me a while. The hardest part to me is usually the neck. This time around I had more trouble with the placket. I don't know if I've ever blogged about the problems I've had with the button loops, but I bought some from a different store and they are SO much better. Definitely go to The Smocking Bird for your button loops if you live in the Birmingham area.
Unfortunately, Anna Scott pulled out the hem in the front of the dress during our photo shoot this afternoon. I plan on fixing it tonight during the Auburn game. War Eagle!
1 comment:
looks great!!! i can't wait to see it in person.
i think you should have said a louder "war eagle".... that was so pitiful last night....
Post a Comment