Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our broken hearts

This past weekend a terribly tragedy occurred that has left us broken hearted. Ben's cousin Brian and his wife, Kimberly, lost their precious 11 month old daughter, Addison, in an accident at their home. Words cannot express the emotions I am feeling. I am totally devastated for their family and cannot imagine what they're going through. Only this kind of event can put into perspective just how important, precious, and temporary our time with our children is. We never know what's going to happen, which, to be quite honest, scares me more than anything. My trust and faith in God help me. I've always been comforted in knowing that God is in control, but I have actually started to fear that control since becoming a Mother. This sort of tragedy could happen to anybody. As parents, we try to protect our kids as best we can. And, still, bad things happen. Again....we don't have control over everything.

I think it hits even closer to home for me because Addison and Anna Scott are very close in age. Addison was 2 months older...about to turn 1 year old near Thanksgiving. All I can say is that I've definitely been cherishing my time with her, and Jack, too, since the accident. Right now, it's hard for me to look at her and not think of dear Addison and her parents.

Please, please pray for Brian and Kim and their 5 year old son, Brodie. I only imagine that things will be even harder once the visitation and funeral are past.

No comments: