Jack refused to take a nap on Friday. He got home from school around 1pm and went to bed shortly thereafter. I sometimes let him unwind from school before nap time....watch Cars, finish any lunch he didn't eat, etc. He seemed a little whiny, so I instead threw him into bed. He didn't want to go to bed, but I figured he'd quickly settle down. He kept saying he wanted out of his crib. Of course, I said, "no" and left his room. He cried, whined, played for almost 2 hours. I went in there a couple times to try to settle him, but it didn't work. No nap on Friday. That's the first time with no nap. Not only that, but he woke up his sister from her nap with all his screaming. I was pissed.
Needless to say, the kids were exhausted that evening. Technically, they barely made it to see the evening. They had an early dinner and early baths. Jack wanted to watch Cars in our bed (which has become a bad habit) and fell asleep sitting up in our bed. At 6pm! He didn't wake up until 7 the next morning.
Needless to say, the kids were exhausted that evening. Technically, they barely made it to see the evening. They had an early dinner and early baths. Jack wanted to watch Cars in our bed (which has become a bad habit) and fell asleep sitting up in our bed. At 6pm! He didn't wake up until 7 the next morning.
(ETA: He did NOT sleep in our bed. Ben carried him to his crib after finding him asleep at 6pm. I do not like for our kids to sleep in our bed, but do not look down on parents who allow their kids to sleep with them. It's just not my personal preference. I hope that's enough of a disclaimer.)
Since then, nap times have been a challenge. I put him down for a nap 30 minutes ago and he's still crying and whining. Now he has a snotty nose. He says, "my nose, my nose". Meaning, "please come in here and wipe my nose." I've been in there twice to do that. It's pitiful. I just threatened him with a spanking if he doesn't stop crying.
I hope this is a short-lived phase and he goes back to willingly taking afternoon naps. I'm not ready for him to give up his nap. I need it for my sanity.
(Hark....is there really absolute silence coming from Jack's room? I hope he's truly fallen asleep.)
No comments:
Post a Comment