We're still having problems with Jack's sleeping. He's generally had a better time going to bed at night. Not tonight. He's still in his bed screaming and going in there to try to comfort him only makes it worse. It's awful. He's been in bed over an hour and he's still going strong. It wasn't like that at first. We read stories and while I was changing his diaper he asked to get in bed (which is where he was heading anyways). He even wanted his blanket that he seemed to have given up when I took away his paci last Saturday. He seemed totally ready to go to bed...like he used to. I thought, "wow...maybe this sleep problem was just a phase and is now over." Wrong.
He started to fuss that he lost his "toy". Ben went in there and that's when all Hell broke loose. Yes...in hindsight, maybe he shouldn't have gone in there. But you have to understand. We always have been able to go into his room when he asked for something, take care of the problem, and leave without a fight. It's just like a light switch turned on last Friday at nap time and he doesn't want to go down easily. I'm always afraid that his screaming is going to wake up Anna Scott...which it sometimes does.
I keep telling myself it's just a phase. I sure hope it's over soon. Thanks for letting me vent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment