1 year and 9 months ago, I prayed to God for a change. I was thinking that maybe moving to a new house would do me some good and fill that need for a change. God sure does have a sense of humor. A couple weeks after my longing for change began, I found out I was pregnant. Surprise! Truth be told, I wasn't very thrilled to find out I was pregnant. Jack wasn't quite 1 yet and I kept thinking about how this was going to affect him, my time with him, etc. I just didn't feel like I was ready for another one. Little did I know the joy this little baby would bring to my life.
I was pretty much in denial the first few months of the pregnancy. After our ultrasound revealed it was a girl, I was more open to the fact I was having another child. We had our boy. Now, we were having our girl. Something new, pink, and exciting. I truly couldn't fathom the fact that we were having another child until the day she was born. Actually, the drive to the hospital on the day that I was induced seemed like any other day. Except, it wasn't.
It was a good thing I was induced....she was born shortly after they started the induction. I may not have made it to the hospital if I had gone into labor on my own. Everything went smoothly (except for the IV, but you don't really want to hear about the blood, me almost passing out, and how the nurses couldn't find the baby's heartbeat.) When I first saw my baby girl, who was nameless at the time, my first thought was, "she looks nothing like Jack." Jack was long, skinny and pale. Baby girl was smaller in weight, but had more rolls which made her look chubbier. She had the most gorgeous olive complexion and round little cheeks.
My time with her in the hospital was so important. Since the whole pregnancy was so surreal to me, it gave me the time I needed to fall in love with her. I truly was able to bond with her while Jack was at home being taken care of by my Mom and Ben. I was so ready to get home and be together with Ben and Jack again, but I also enjoyed just getting to know this little girl on my own away from everyone.
A year has passed since she made her entrance into the world. Everyday she lights up my life. I now think back to what I was feeling when I first found out I was expecting and think how silly I was. She was the best change God could have given me.
Happy 1st birthday, baby girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment