Jack amazes me with his talking. This boy never said many recognizable words up until 18 months or so. Around 20 to 24 months he really blossomed and my (and the pediatrician's) worries were relieved.
At this point, Jack puts several words together. I'm sure I understand way more of what he says than anybody does. I even have to interpret for Ben sometimes.
Just wanted to give a little background on Jack's verbal skills before I say....where do kids learn these things? One saying that sticks out in my mind that I've definitely taught my son is "whoa, nellie". (It's never anything I said before I had kids, but I now hear it often out of my mouth. So, of course, Jack says it, too.) But, lately, I've caught a few more things coming out of Jack's mouth that I've don't recall us saying around him. Simple sayings, really.
Like yesterday, he found a snack in the car and said, "oh, boy!" I find that weird because I never say that. I would probably say, "oh, wow," before, "oh, boy". And today, he walked into the living room (where Annie and I were playing) and said, "oh, hi guys". I just chuckled. He said "oh..." like he was surprised to see us. So funny.
I look forward to seeing what comes out of his mouth next (as long as it's age appropriate).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment