He will talk "bathroom talk" with me. He will sit on his potty...fully clothed. But, God forbid I ask him to sit on it un-clothed. He gives a very adamant "no" when I ask him. I even try to get him to sit on it before taking a bath. No go. That's ok. I told myself I wasn't going to push him to potty train. I best wait for when he really wants to.
Which brings me to tonight. After my daughter's ravenous dinner, I started the bath water and got her undressed for her nightly scrubbing. I then did something I hadn't planned on....I put her on the little potty. We sat there for a second. I think I mentioned something about "going pee pee" to her and....low and behold, she went! I had the wrong child using the potty for the first time!
I quickly yelled for Ben and Jack to come check it out. We made a big deal out of it and asked Jack if he wanted to use the potty. "No." Of course.
Things quickly went down hill.
I threw Annie into the bath. I hadn't even started scrubbing her before I saw the stance, the wincing, the grunting, the look on her face....she was about to do more than just pee. I quickly got her out of the bath and put her back on the potty. I can't believe it! My baby not only peed in the potty before her 1st birthday, but she also pooped!
I know we're not going to be potty training her for some time, but it sure did get me excited. Why? I don't know. But, all parents seem to get excited when their children start to use the potty. I guess I'm no different.
So, the rest of the story is that I put her back in the bath, she pooped a little in there, we got her out, cleaned the tub, put her back in (not before also getting poop on the bath mat), scrubbed her down and got her ready for bed.
I was exhausted after all of this, so Jack will be getting his bath in the morning :)
No comments:
Post a Comment