Well...big stuff has been going on around here.
We're making a big move soon.
Ben will be transferring to Hershey, Pennsylvania in about 6 weeks and we're all packing up and going with him! I'm excited. I'm nervous. I'm sad. I'm a little of everything right now. I totally see it as an adventure for Ben and I...as a couple and as a family. It will be sad to be so far away from family, but I tell myself it will only be for 13 months. I think if it were going to be a lot longer of a stay I would be a little more apprehensive. But, I'm really excited! I'm one of those people who gets antsy and wants a change every few years. I totally welcome this change!
I do get a little choked up when I think about leaving this house though. We moved in 5 years ago...pre-kids. We have had 2 beautiful babies here. 2 beautiful nurseries (who doesn't LOVE nurseries?) I am especially going to miss Anna Scott's room. I LOVE her room. I'm getting teary just thinking about it. What's really funny is that I've been trying to talk Ben into selling our house for a long time. It has been feeling really small and...I wanted a change :) Now that it's reality I'm a little more emotional than I thought. We are about to put the house up on the market and hope to sell it as quickly as possible (of course). If it doesn't sell before we leave it won't hurt us too much. Ben's company is wonderful and takes care of us so well.
It will be fun to live in and explore a part of the country we never have before. Philadelphia is less than 2 hours away, DC is about 2 hours away, Gettysburg isn't too far, NYC is about 3 hours....lots of places to explore. I've always wanted to see fall in the northeast. We may have to take a long drive when the colors change.
I'm going to love the summer because I hate summer in the south (not that I know anything different). Winter...should be interesting. I like watching snow from the window, but I'm not sure about getting out in it.
How much better could it be than to live in the chocolate capital of the world? Ben bets that I'll find a way to tap into a vat of chocolate and leave Hershey with an extra 2o lbs. (I'm thinking maybe only 5 lbs.....keeping my fingers crossed!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment