Wednesday, March 4, 2009

When the cat's away...

The chocolate ganache sandwiches got rave reviews from one special little piggy.Anyone who truly knows me probably knows my affection for confections. In other words: I have a huge sweet tooth. Ben was out of town one night this week, which always gives me the green light to eat sweets. It's like I decide to have a "pity party" because I'm a single parent for one night and tell myself I deserve something yummy. I know it's not right nor healthy, but this head of mine usually gives in.

So, I used the rest of my ingredients from the other day to make more chocolate ganache sandwiches. I gave one to Jack for dessert and he ate maybe 1/3 of it. Annie kept saying, "cookie, cookie." How could I resist that plea? I hadn't planned on giving her dessert because she had eaten SO much dinner, but gave her the rest of Jack's cookie. I justified it by saying the frozen cookie treat would feel good on those molars that are coming through. Needless to say she polished it off and was a mess. But, she loved it!
The above picture doesn't do the mess justice.

Meanwhile, Jack was running around like a wild man. (Probably hyped up on the sugar.) Everytime he'd run past me he would stop and pose for a picture. I was fortunate enough to snap one of him laughing, which is more captivating than his "cheese" pose.
It can be crazy when you're alone with 2 kids. I've learned to let go of bathtime sometimes. This night, Jack didn't get one because we really didn't do much that day to get dirty. As you saw earlier, skipping Annie's bath was not an option.

I'll be the first to ackowledge how much Ben helps me out when he's home. I hate it when he's gone because it can be so much harder. I'm glad he's so willing to help with the kids!

No comments: