Anna Scott didn't know what to think about the snow. She was unusually quiet. But, we all know one thing about Annie....she likes to eat.
I included this next picture because I love how snow-covered branches look.
Ben and Jack made a snowman on our back deck.
Or, maybe it's a snowbear? I don't know, but the ears that Ben added makes it look like an animal.
To top it off, I tried a new dessert recipe...if you want to call it that. It only has 3 ingredients so I almost don't call it a recipe.
Looks yummy, huh? It's called a Chocolate Ganache Sandwich and is super easy to make. I used the Famous Chocolate Wafers that I was recently introduced to through another easy recipe posted on a blog that I read. I cut the recipe more than in half (maybe quartered?). I didn't want to be stuck with 30 sandwiches that were not that tasty. Who was I kidding? Of course they're yummy! They're made of chocolate so how could they not be yummy?
Be warned, the cookie is very crunchy and the ganache is very smooth and light. If you bite into one right after they're made then the ganache spews out the side and is rather messy to eat. We stuck some in the freezer for 15 minutes or so and they were perfect! The recipe link also included a tip to make them 1 day ahead of eating and store them in the fridge. That way, the crisp cookies absorb some of the ganache and makes them softer...like an ice-cream sandwich.
Again, yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment