Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fighting back

After lunchtime I had set up the kids in my room with a movie. I told Jack he had to sit on my bed and I placed Anna Scott into an activity center so she couldn't move anywhere. I had to keep them apart to keep them safe while I started up some more laundry.





I was in the laundry room minding my own business when I heard screaming coming from my room. I knew it was a scream that Annie makes when she's hurt. So I ran into my room to see this:

Except, picture my baby girl in it. I was mortified. Jack had pushed the car (and his sister) forward until it tipped. I was so mad, but contained myself because (1) I was glad that Annie wasn't visibly hurt and (2) I've been upset with Jack's behavior a lot lately. I hope I'm sure that Jack didn't know it was going to tip over.

Note to self: I can't leave the kids alone for a second, even if I think I've taken precautions to keep them safe.

No comments: