Today was such a beautiful day that I couldn't pass up taking the kids outside to enjoy it! We headed to Aldridge Gardens in Hoover for a picnic lunch and a stroll. We picked up a happy meal, a chicken snack wrap (have you tried one? very yummy), a large Diet Coke (of course) and were on our way.
As soon as we walked in Jack was ready to run. I steered him towards a picnic table for lunch where we were greeted by this monster:
I know, beautiful, right? Well, perhaps on the outside. This goose scared the crap out of me. It wouldn't leave us alone to eat our lunch and kept hissing at us. I guess too many people feed the geese and they have come to expect it. Halfway through lunch (after each kid had only 1 nugget) I had to throw everything into the stroller and shield my son so we could get away from it.
And so our walk began.
We first headed to a covered pier to check out the fish. Another Mommy and her son were nice enough to give us a couple pieces of bread to feed them. (I'll have to remember to bring bread next time.) Of course, the geese hurriedly swam to get in on the bread action.
They have duck statues by the water (which is why they'd be more tame than "the monster"). Jack and I counted 1 Momma duck and 7 (I think) baby ducks. The kids love them.
I tried to let Annie walk some, but it's hard when she's not quite old enough to follow directions.
Jack led the way down the path and had a great time being a big boy who wasn't in a stoller. This has become a more common thing, depending on the destination.
No comments:
Post a Comment