Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tubing

Baby girl gets tubes in her ears tomorrow.
We went to the pediatrician last week to have both kids' ears checked after finishing up their 2nd rounds of antibiotics. Jack's were all clear. Anna Scott's were infection-free, but they did a tempanogram and discovered there was still fluid in her ears. I was able to get an appointment to see a pediatric ENT the next day (I think it was a cancellation, because you normally don't get in that fast with this particular group). He felt it was inevitable that she would get tubes and thought we should go ahead and get it done before we move.
So...tomorrow is the big day! I'm not too worried about the procedure, but no Mommy wants to see her baby put under anesthesia. I pray the doctors will do a good job with her really really tiny ears and that her Mommy will be strong and keep it together.

No comments: