Baby girl and I are home resting now. She had tubes put in her ears this morning, has been home over an hour, has eaten breakfast, and is now down for a much needed nap. She was great all morning....especially for dragging her out of bed at 5:15am. We had to be there by 5:45am, but they didn't take her back for the procedure until about 7:45am. I swear it was 5 minutes later when the doctor came out and said the procedure was done and everything looked good.
They had wagons and cars and things to ride in while we were wasting time waiting for our turn. Anna Scott was quite the champ...she only asked for a "drinkie" a few times and "fishies" (goldfish crackers) once. I pretended like she said something else like "blankie" when she mentioned eating or drinking. She was in heaven when she got to drink some Tylenol the nurse gave her.
The worst was when they took her back. I carried her to the double doors and handed her off to the nurse. She immediately started crying. Picture this sight: The nurse walks away with her. Anna Scott is looking back at me over the nurses shoulder, HOLDING her hand out towards me like "don't go, don't go". She was screaming for me. I started to get a lump in my throat and teared up a little. Good thing the procedure was so short.
She's been fussy since the procedure, which is very unlike her. She's in her bed right now and I hear a 1 second whine every few minutes. They say they bounce back quickly and start acting themselves in no time. I hope that comes true before we have to pick up Jack from preschool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, I am a day late and a dollar short, Megan! I am now praying for y'all-hope she's feeling better today!! Anything has to be better than the ear infection, in my opinion!!!! Also, about your move, hello, where have I been...we HAVE to get together before y'all move!!! I am so sad, but look forward to hearing about your adventures in the Magic Chocolate City!
Post a Comment