It took us a while, but we found a doctor for the kids to go to. All of the pediatric groups I called were not taking new patients and I was getting really frustrated. The kids needed forms filled out for preschool and both needed their well-child check-ups. I didn't know what to do.
As luck would have it, I was sick a few weeks ago. Yuck. I had a sinus infection and couldn't find a doctor to go to. I called one of the local Penn State University family groups and they said they were not taking new patients, but they had a walk-in clinic I could come to that started at 5pm. (??) I decided I needed to get better to take care of the kids, so I got there at 5pm.
I saw a really nice doctor who was able to get me the drugs I needed. He asked if I needed anything else. I told him our situation and asked if he had any recommendations of what to do next in order to find a pediatrician. He pondered it (as I have learned he often ponders) and said that he would be happy to take me and the kids on as patients. He wrote a note to his staff about it and they called me the next day to set up appointments. I was SO grateful!
All of this was to get to the point of stats. Jack had his 3 year old appointment last week with the new doctor. I can't remember lbs and inches, but he was 25% for weight and 50% for height. I would have thought he'd be taller because a lot of his 3T pants don't allow much growing room.
Anna Scott had her appointment this week and...(drumroll please)....she's 75% for height and 100% for weight! I can't believe my baby girl is that big! That's just what she is...big. She's not fat, she's big. No wonder I have to make her 2T pants bigger when I sew :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment