Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Jack's big week

There's been a big change around here.



This past Saturday the front of the crib came off.


And the toddler rail went up. Jack is now in a big boy bed!
He's actually handled it well. He sometimes gets up once or twice during the "going to bed" process. He hasn't fallen out and the transition to the new bed has not affected his sleeping patterns.
He's so excited about his bed. He sometimes asks if he could just go look at it. He'll say, "Come on, Mommy. Let's go look at my big boy bed." So sweet.
In other big boy news....JACK SAT ON THE POTTY! Here's the story:
I was in the midst of changing Annie's clothes when she ran off before I could get anything on her. She came running back and started to pee on the floor right in front of me. I yelled, "Stop!" She jumped and I picked her up and sat her on the training potty. She peed and I made a big deal about it and told her she could get an M&M. Jack jumped off the couch and said HE wanted to sit on the potty. I didn't think anything of it because we've gone down this road before. He proceeded to pull his pants down and take off his diaper. I was just waiting for him to scream and say he didn't want to use the potty. But, sure enough he walked over and sat down (hesitantly) on it. I tried to hold in my excitement so as not to scare him off. I told him how proud I was. We set up his potty in front of the TV and he sat there a few minutes. He didn't put anything in the potty, but he got an M&M just for sitting on it. He hasn't done it again since, but we believe it's a good start!
There's more to Jack's exciting week. Be back later...






2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hooray for the potty! I hope you guys continue with the progress...it's much harder than people tell you!

Jenn said...

Hee,Hee...I just looked at the pictures more closely. Ben has that same look on his face Alan gets when Matthew "helps" with projects. What good daddies they are to accept the help, anyway!