Tuesday, August 25, 2009
scraps
You can make some really awesome things from scrap fabric. Like this whole outfit:
The fabric for the pants and the applique was leftover from another project that I will show you soon. I've been doing a lot of sewing lately (hence my lack of blogging) and plan on showing you those projects soon.
The pants are the usual Lettie pattern, but the size 2 has been modified to add a bit more room in the hips and legs and to make them longer.
The green and pink floral is an Amy Butler fabric. I picked it up at a local quilting store. The dark pink has swiss polka dots. I bought it at an awesome JoAnn Fabric store that I found here. (Don't tell Ben, but I actually drove out there 3 times last week.)
I love how this one turned out. Especially since it was a last minute outfit made out of fabric scraps and a reject shirt. (Let's just say this wasn't the first time that something was put on this shirt with my embroidery machine. The first one just didn't turn out so well. If you look closely you may see what I mean. But no one would know if I didn't tell them, so just pretend I didn't tell you, ok?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
love, love, love the applique!! both the font & the fabric! i didn't realize you were adding fullness in the thighs of your lettie. too funny because i am still having to take out fullness for maddie's scrawny little chicken legs. i promise to get a package in the mail to you asap.....
Post a Comment