Wednesday, August 12, 2009

naked time and hair cuts

We spend a lot of time outdoors these days. And leave it to the kids to not even think twice about jumping into old, grassy and dead bug-infested pool water with their clothes on.



Ah...to be young and carefree again.







Since I didn't want their diapers to start disintegrating in the already nasty pool, we stripped them down to basically nothing. It was perfect timing because I had been planning on cutting Anna Scott's hair that night anyways.
It's the first time I had cut her hair (her 2nd actual haircut) and I was totally scared. See the sheer concentration on my face...

...Jack's total amazement with the whole thing....

...and Anna Scott's...well, I think she's just worried about finishing all of her goldfish.


All was well with her haircut. No major tragedies.
Now it was time to run around in basically nothing.
How can one not show off this girlish figure?


I've been letting Annie sport big girl underwear when we're running around in the backyard. She hasn't had an accident yet!
She does, however, have a weird fascination with her butt crack.


Yes, folks. I'm talking about my daughter's butt crack addiction on the web. Don't tell her, ok?


These are just too cute not to include.

Even though I have totally embarrassed my daughter, I will spare my son. He was running around totally naked.

I think my plan of letting him run around naked for the sake of future potty-training is slowly working. He's not anymore interested in going in the potty, but he's definitely more interested in underwear. He's not the typical kid who likes to strip down and run around with no clothes on, so I think forcing him to be naked has allowed him to become more comfortable with his body.
Apparently I'll try anything in our very slow progression towards potty-training. Right now there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

So,so cute! Don't worry too much about potty training...Matthew didn't use the potty until his third birthday and still wears pull-ups to nap and bed. Plus, we have lots of accidents. Since he's my only child, I blame it on his being a boy!