Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Finally getting some things done around here

Today was busy, in a lazy sort of way ;) I got absolutely NO housework done, purely by choice. I really just wasn't in the mood. I truly wanted to sew a whole bunch today, but Anna Scott is in this (awful) stage where she has to be entertained all of the time. I was able to sew for 5 minutes during Jack's nap. Then Anna Scott woke up and I was off to entertain. So, I buckled down tonight (after bedtime) and was able to finally finish the blue floral bubble! I'm so excited and can't wait to try it on her tomorrow. I'll post a pic of her in it tomorrow.

I also was able to relatively organize Anna Scott's closet with her new shelves. Ahhhh....I love being organized, but suck at keeping up with it. I'm sure her closet will be dishevoled next week. Here are some pics of the final product:





Everything is pretty much organized. I want to get most of the things off of the floor, though. See those bags on the floor to the left side of the closet? Those are clothes that Fat-fat has outgrown and are ready to be boxed up and stored.


We went to the Pelham Library for story time today. Jack is so funny about everything. Sometimes he's in the mood to participate (and I use the term "participate" loosely) and other times he yells at me for encouraging him to participate. I swear...he's so temperamental. (My Mom says he gets it from me....but I don't see it) :)


I also tried to take Jack into the backyard because he loves being outside. I thought it would be fun to give him his first popsicle.



Unfortunately, he wouldn't even try it. I ended up eating it. He then proceeds to ask for another one- a red one. I get it for him and, again, he refuses to eat it. We end up having a meltdown (Jack and I, both) and I take him inside and place him in his crib to give me a break for a few minutes. Thankfully, Ben walked through the door from work and all was well!

Maybe I'll try the popsicle again in a couple days.

No comments: