Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Preschool summer camp

Jack is attending summer camp at our church for the next 2 weeks. It's only 2 days a week, so 4 days in total. It is run very much like a mother's day out program, so I thought it would be good for Jack to experience this type of schedule before he truly starts Playschool (mother's day out) in the fall. Not to mention, it gives me a little break :)

I fretted over what to pack him to eat. Jack barely eats anything, but I didn't want him to go hungry in the event he decided to eat a whole bunch. Needless to say, they pretty much sent his whole lunch back him with him. I think he had a couple pieces of cheese and a few grapes. His sandwich wasn't touched and I'm sure he didn't eat any peas and carrots. Oh well.

Jack cried a little when I dropped him off. I'm not sure for how long, because I fled the scene quickly.

I arrived back 4 hours later to find him crying in the middle of the floor--snot caked on his cheeks. Poor guy. The "teacher" said he was happy the first hour (I'm using the term "happy" loosely). My thought was "so he's been crying for 3 hours?". At least I didn't have to deal with the crying :)

(sigh) I hope Thursday goes better...

The 1 plus was how tired he was. I picked him up at 1:30pm which is way past his nap time. He sometimes naps as early as 11, but usually around 12-12:30. Once I got him in the car I gave him some of his leftover grapes and he munched for a few minutes before his eyes glazed over. He was SO tired and looked so pitiful. I seriously don't think I've ever seen him look so exhausted. I usually try to keep him awake in the car by asking him questions. In return, he screams and yells "no", as if to tell me to shut up. Well, he was so exhausted that he was just silent. No screaming at my questions. His head just hung cause he couldn't hold it up any longer while his eyes where still wide open. I couldn't help but chuckle :)

No comments: