Saturday, July 19, 2008

We're all falling apart...


I'm mainly going to complain the first half of this post...ok? Friday I started feeling the beginnings of a strained muscle in my lower back. Well, I REALLY started feeling it Saturday morning. You know those strains where you turn or bend a certain way and pain shoots all the way down your leg? Yep...one of those. Not to mention my hip started hurting a lot yesterday, too. Gosh, I sound like an old woman.

Ben also complains about his back hurting. But, I have no sympathy.

Jack started running a fever yesterday after his nap. He's so pitiful, but thankfully seems to be feeling better today. I ran out this morning and got him 2 new DVDs as a treat. He's really getting into Veggie Tales and, as Ben said, at least these videos have biblical truths in them. He was feeling well enough to smile for a picture, though:


OK, done with complaing. Here's what we actually accomplished this weekend despite our shortcomings-


Ben and the kids met his Mom Saturday morning for breakfast. Then Jack went with his Grandma to Tannehill State Park for their Trade Days show (which is similar to a flea market). It's been so long since I've been there. I can't really remember what all they have, but my mother-in-law bought Anna Scott a really cute white linen dress with an "A" monogrammed in pink. She'll be wearing it soon and I'll take a pic when she does.


So- it was just Ben, Anna Scott and I the first half of the day. We started out by doing some yard work- mainly me pulling weeds.




Ben spent some time in the garage putting together some shelves he made for Anna Scott's closet.




I'll post pictures of the finished product once I'm through painting them and they're installed.

What's really funny is that I left Ben in charge of Anna Scott, who was playing in her activity center in the garage. Well, Anna Scott doesn't like to be ignored, so she yelled the whole time. It's so funny- it's like she's saying, "Hey! I'm over here. Don't forget me." Ben finally pipes up and says to Anna Scott, "I can't get anything done around here when you're wanting all of my attention!" MY thought..."Welcome to my world! This is why I don't get much done!"


There may be another reason Ben doesn't get anything done- like putting the pinwheel in front of the fan to make it spin.

1 comment:

margaret said...

sorry to hear you guys are falling apart!!! both of you are soooo old. ;) very impressed with ben's handiwork. can't wait to see the finished product. can he come build some shelves for us? and can you come organize my entire house? it's just a small request. ;) talk to you soon!

marge