Thursday, September 11, 2008

Someone DOES care about me

Ben traveled often before Anna Scott was born. It usually was only for a couple days at a time, but that can seem like a long time for a pregnant woman with a toddler.



I told him back then that I was nervous when he left town because I was afraid no one would know if anything happened to me. Ben and I didn't talk often while he was gone, so how was anyone to know if I were missing...or hurt? What would happen to Jack is he had to fend for himself? I talk to my sister daily, but would she really start to worry and call people if she couldn't get a hold of me? Can you tell I'm totally paranoid and a worry-wart?



This brings me to today. The kids and I ran errands after nap time, which is very rare for me. Annie was fussy and Jack was bouncing off the walls. I didn't think I could survive till Ben got home. So, I grabbed my TWO diaper bags and my diet coke and was off. I didn't have anything big planned....just a trip to Old Time Pottery and Hobby Lobby (I lead such an exciting life). It wasn't long into my little trip that I realized I forgot my cell phone. I figured it wasn't a big deal.



As I left my final store, I turned around and saw this:


How sweet is that?


I realized it was approaching 6pm. I figured Ben was just getting home and wondering where I was. I pictured him calling my cell phone and him hearing it ring on the counter. But, when I rounded the corner onto our street, I saw that his truck wasn't there. He wasn't home yet.



Then, I saw it. The lawn was freshly mowed. If Ben JUST mowed the lawn....and his truck isn't here....surely he's not out looking for me?



He sure was.



I actually kind of chuckled about it. I'm always the one worrying about everything. Now it's his turn. I went inside the house (left the kids in the car) to grab my phone to call him. There was a note underneath it to "CALL [HIM] ASAP". I did as I was told and got a very unhappy camper on the other end. He said he was heading back home.



He told me he was out looking for me. Seriously...I was wondering, "Where in the heck would you look?" He figured I was at the park, or Publix, or McDonalds. That last one cracks me up because the McDonald's drive-through is probably the best place to look for me. (Love those $1 large Diet Cokes.)



Ben's mad, I'm late, we're hungry....so we went out to dinner. Here are some pics:


Funny face, Annie!



Jack has a current fascination with putting his fingers in his ears. He thinks it's so funny to hear things a little muffled. Neat trick, big boy.

No comments: